Today, with the rapid development of global technology (artificial intelligence, the internet of things, blockchain, etc.), two important trends have been widely agreed:
• Community: Due to the rapid spread of the Internet, a large proportion of the world’s population, especially young people representing the future, are spending more and more time on digital world. At the same time, based on different hobbies or social backgrounds, many new social organizations have been formed, which we call online communities, with sizes from several people to millions. Bitcoin was born from the community and evolved to breed blockchain. And Internet giants such as Facebook and Tencent are also outcomes of this big trend, as well as a series of recent new public companies around the community economy, such as overstock, PDD, Laix, Yunji, etc.
• Data: Data has become a core productivity. Using the data, they controlled, Google and Facebook keep growing their quarterly advertising revenues at a rate of 20%, not only monopolizing Internet advertising, but also seriously eroding the market share of the traditional advertising industry. Moreover, if we prospect the future, the world’s latest technologies like artificial intelligence are all relying heavily on data, and thus data will only become even more and more important.
In this context, some new conflicts are beginning to emerge:
• Who can build and manage the community in the future? Does the future belong to the small elite PR teams, teams with KOL resources? Or should we enable all good ideas and independent voices to work with the communities much more easily?
• Who will master, manage and leverage data in the future? Who should enjoy the value of data? How can we achieve a fair value exchange between data producers and data consumers?
These new emerging conflicts have seriously hindered the development, breakthrough and dissemination of our new science and technology. For example, artificial intelligence has been very hot in recent years, but the lack of data is becoming a bottleneck for many individual researchers, institutions, or university labs. Today our data is in a complete central monopoly: everyone in the world could produce a lot of data every day, but they are all in the hands of big organizations. The result of monopoly is that technology development is seriously hindered (like the slowdown of deep learning in recently years) and the well-being of knowledge to the world is limited.
The use of blockchain technology allows knowledge and data to be recorded, transmitted and used more transparently and fairly. But unfortunately, blockchain is limited to only a small number of people. According to the report of Huobi in 2018: the number of global Bitcoin wallet addresses is about 24 million, and the number of Ethereum wallet addresses is sbout 32 million. The actual number of blockchain adopters may be only around 20 million, who are almost all distributed among the communities in chat IMs and make less than 0.3% of the total population of the world.
Jarvis+ is focused on community services and going to build a decentralized platform for social economies, which will address these conflicts in the end. To ensure the implementation and adoption, Jarvis+ is designed to work in two continuous stages:
1. A platform of tools and services for blockchain and community economy
Simply introduction, at this stage Jarvis+ is:
• An AI assistant for the blockchain communities, greatly reducing the community’s creation, dissemination, growth, and management workloads, enabling each project or individual to embrace the great future of the community economy;
• Artificial intelligence (AI) + natural language processing (NLP) + knowledge graph (Knowledge Graph / Vault), easy to use, no complicated configuration, with the continuous use of users, Jarvis+ will become more and more accurate, more and more understand everyone and organization;
• An important infrastructure of blockchain communities, as any community can leverage Jarvis+ to provide users with a variety of services in any IM or self-developed app in a natural language (e.g. voice, text);
At this stage, Jarvis+ will work extensively with the blockchain communities and other internet projects which leverage community economy. We will make Jarvis+ partner with as many projects as possible and become a standard configuration for social economy, as Jarvis+ could bring rich intelligent services and the best community ROI.
2. A decentralized platform for community data and economy.
Based on the community penetration and impact in the previous stage, Jarvis+ will begin to provide services to community members (individuals). At this stage, Jarvis+ will be:
• Personal assistants for community users cross-communities & cross-platforms. Redefine the way users and blockchain interact so that everyone can use natural language to use blockchain technology and an open economy on any mainstream community software/app. The wonderful thing is that at this stage, a user does not need to “download” or “install” Jarvis+, as Jarvis+ is already in his/her community and already knows his/her interests and preferences. A user can access and use Jarvis+ at any time when he/she has the need or is willing to have a try.
• A decentralized community data platform. As Jarvis+’s AI bot technology can be seamlessly embedded on all major social platforms, Jarvis+ can collect social data for users from their favorite software/apps (instead of reinventing a new social platform) and create a decentralized social data platform directly from the “old world”, allowing users to own and manage the knowledge and data they have created; • A decentralized economy platform. Data is productivity and data can bring huge economic value. This economy platform will help users create more value for their knowledge and data. We are not willing to use the words “data market” or “data mart” here, but rather “economy platform” because “sell data” may be one of the ways in which user personal data can be monetized but it will never be the healthiest. We believe that in the future the biggest gain that users receive from personal data will come from the “data economy”, that is, on the basis of ensuring user privacy and ownership, users can authorize data to 3rd party to obtain services targeted at his/her requirements without useless “bling-bling” features, get offers with affordable prices, and enjoy huge price cuts as the service providers can also reduce a lot of user acquisition cost by just examining the data and find out the suitable target users. We believe this will ultimately achieve a win-win situation for everyone in the economy.
The Jarvis+ team is formed mainly by the AI and big data technology experts from world-class companies, like Microsoft, the German Institute for Deep Learning, Alibaba, Tencent and Cisco, and has the interactive design experts from famous game companies. Jarvis+’s name derives in part from Iron Man’s AI assistant J.A.R.V.I.S (Jarvis): In the film, the interaction between iron man and Jarvis based on natural language is exactly what the team has been working on for many years; the + sign represents the project’s Value: “Upgrade” and “Connect.”
In June 2018, CNBC reported that Mastercard will invest heavily in new projects: Let people pay in natural language via voice https://www.cnbc.com with- Google-amazon-voice-assistants-for-payments.html). Both the Mastercard and Jarvis+ have taken note of the important opportunities and future trends of natural language in life (payment), but unlike Mastercard’s starting point of manufacturing industry barriers and serving only their own interests, Jarvis+ will serve the decentralized blockchain community. And hope to achieve the following visions: • Intelligent, natural language processing (NLP) is infused, which based on artificial intelligence and deep learning, integrating intelligent translation and knowledge graph. Able to accurately understand user intent, respond in a timely and accurate manner, break through language barriers, and pursue the ultimate and natural user experience.
• Diverse, which means freedom, which enables users to freely choose social channels, languages and platforms to do the trading, minimizing restrictions and barriers to trade. Another meaning is equality, in the future, with more organizations and people joining the community, together with the rules development of a sustainable community, and the guidance of community operations based on the equality, so that communities can evolve and sustainable development • Democratic, means the threshold is low. Everyone can freely choose their familiar social channels and create smart contract through natural language for doing fair, orderly and barrier-free trading.
• Perpetual, decentralization through both the technology and operation sides, pursuiting the continuous and endless platform operation. The ultimate goal totally completes the decentralization from the infrastructure, operation model, to the organization management. Through technology and rules to get rid of the platform dependency on these specific people and organizations, that empowers the community Autonomy (DAO) to run forever.