BitcoinZ was officially launched by an anonymous developer on September 9th, 2017 at Block #1 with BlockHash 0007844681f84249ad7829f9673ea4b6d26a139c741c5847926aff944337d908. They deemed BitcoinZ a community gift to the world, emphasizing that it is, and will continue, as a community creation. The following timeline of events occurred to memorialize and publically announce the launch:
- GitHub announcement at Block #71 with no public pools.
- Announced in Zclassic Slack in #general at Block #284 with 15KSol/s network has
- BitcoinTalk Announcement (‘ANN’) on September 10th, 2017.
Within four (4) weeks of launch, the block height broke 15,000 and had a network hash of 4-5MSol/s.The founding principles are:
- One-hundred percent decentralized development
- Zclassic spirit, Zcash core, Bitcoin fundamentals
- Always immutable, hardforks only for improvements, changing history is banned
- Fair proposal system
- Everyone is equal and every coin is made by the community and for the community
- Everyone should be able to mine (ASIC resistant)
- We fight for freedom and personal liberty
- No pre-mine, no ICO, no dev taxes
To enshrine this vision of liberty, fairness, and the fight for freedom, a message was encoded in the genesis block timestamp of BitcoinZ dedicated to The Purest Son of Liberty – Thaddeus Kosciuszko, whose 200th death anniversary is October 15th. See here