Playkey, a leading cloud gaming provider, is contemplating an ICO with the intent of exponentially
accelerating the pace of cloud gaming development through decentralization. The aim is to provide
gamers with a reasonably-priced opportunity to play top rated games anytime and anywhere, using
any device connected to Internet, without having to purchase a high-end PC or console.
The revolution of cloud gaming has picked-up steam, but is still struggling through
some obstacles, namely:
• the complicated process of game streaming software development;
• getting approval from game developers and publishers to use their game titles on cloud platforms;
• the high cost of hardware (professional GPUs, server equipment, data storage equipment, etc.).
Playkey is based on proven working technology. The team of 45 experienced R&D specialists,
collaborate with leading game publishers including Ubisoft, Bethesda and Wargaming. Playkey
has a network of 120 Nvidia Grid powered servers based in London, Frankfurt, Amsterdam
and Moscow, and is backed by a large European VC fund.
Playkey aims to create an ecosystem for cloud gaming and other use cases
(“The Playkey Ecosystem”) featuring:
• Dozens of independent owners of powerful computers worldwide (“miners”) united within
a community, and acting as cloud gaming service providers;
• A single universal ecosystem cryptocurrency —the PKT token— which will be issued via the ICO;
• Unified high standards of cloud gaming service (SLA) set in the form of a miner-gamer smart
• A governing and community regulating body — Playkey Foundation, the issuer of the PKT token,
responsible for service and ecosystem development.
All parties benefit from participating in the Playkey Ecosystem:
• Miners get an efficient option to utilize their computational capacities that is more efficient, more
stable, and less risky than cryptocurrency mining;
• Gamers will be able to choose the best and closest server for playing;
• Game developers and publishers will expand their client base.
Funds collected through the ICO are will be used for development of the Playkey Ecosystem
and cloud gaming popularization. The main terms and conditions of the ICO and PKT token
are as follows:
• Total number of PKT to be issued is 100 000 000 units long-term non-inflationary;
• 60% of issued tokens are intended to be sold, 12.5% are reserved for the Playkey Foundation,
and the rest will be distributed among team, escrow agent, bounty and ICO advisors;
• PKT tokens are to be implemented on the public Ethereum blockchain in accordance with
the ERC20 (Ethereum Token Standard Tokens);
• Cap is set at PKT 100 000 000 (one hundred million) level;
• ICO proceeds are going to be used for the Playkey Ecosystem and cloud gaming
• The funds will be stored in ETH, bitcoins and US dollars after the end of the ICO to minimize
Subject to the amount collected, the planned structure for fund use is as follows:
• Service marketing, promotion and PR – 25-45% of total fund;
• R&D expenses (mainly salaries and wages) – 20-50%;
• Infrastructural costs – 20-30%;
• Operational costs – 4-5%.